Think about the last 12 months when answering ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to the following statements:
- I have placed bigger bets or spent more money than when I first started gambling.
- When I try to stop or limit myself, I feel restless or irritable.
- I have tried to stop or cut back but I always go back eventually.
- I spend a lot of time thinking about gambling (my last win, my last loss or or when I can gamble next).
- I gamble to forget about my problems or feel better for a while.
- When I lose, I keep playing because I think I will win it all back.
- I have lied about my gambling to hide it from people close to me.
- I have lost or risked my job, relationship or study opportunity because of gambling.
- I have borrowed money to help me with a desperate financial situation caused by gambling.
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these statements, you may have a gambling problem.
If you answered ‘yes’ to more than four statements, you may have a significant gambling problem and should seek help sooner rather than later.
Contact our service so we can help you regain control of your life.
Chase your dreams, not your losses
The Statewide Gambling Therapy Service is provided by the Southern Adelaide Local Network, and is funded through SA Health
© Copyright 2018 Statewide Gambling